Khanh Hoa Medical College was originally a nursing school. It was established in 1968 and was upgraded to a nursing school in the area in 1974. In 1975, the training institution of the former regime was renamed Phu Khanh Medical School. – Training courses for doctors, nurses, midwives, examiners, and pharmacists in order to timely provide staffs. Health care for the health.
In 1978, Phu Khanh Secondary School was established under the Decision No. 2888 / QD-UB dated 05/09/1978 of the Chairman of Phu Khanh Provincial People’s Committee.
In August 1989 Phu Khanh province was split into Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa provinces. The school has become Khanh Hoa Secondary School with the scale of training 600 students in secondary school.
In October 2005, Khanh Hoa Medical College was established. The Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education and Training were entrusted with training colleges, intermediate and primary level.
Over 40 years of establishment and development of Khanh Hoa Medical College has not failed to fulfill the tasks of the school in training, scientific research.
The types of training offered by the University are as follows:
– On regular college training: (7 sectors) Nursing, Pharmacists, Midwifery, Laboratory Techniques, Medical Imaging Techniques, Technique of Dental Implants, Physical Therapy Techniques – Rehabilitation power.
– Regarding formal training: (9 branches) General Medicine, Traditional Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Pharmacy, Techniques, Dental Implants, Imaging Techniques study, Physiotherapist-Rehabilitation technician
– College-related training: colleges
– Regarding the training of diploma 2: medical doctor general, traditional medicine doctor,
– Vocational training: (3 sectors) Nurses, pharmacists, massage workers.
On the payroll 39 in high school, after the decision to establish the college, the province increased the annual payroll target for the school. The current staffing level is 116, with 77 lecturers and 30 part-time lecturers. More than 50% of the lecturers have postgraduate degrees (PhD, Master, C I, CK II).
At present, the school is planning to recruit a sufficient number of assigned staff and plan additional staffing for subsequent years to submit to the Department of Home Affairs.
The leadership of departments, faculties, subjects was strengthened and built in accordance with the regulations on organization and operation of the school was approved by Khanh Hoa People’s Committee.
Some outstanding achievements of the school:
– Training: Since its founding, the University has trained over 10,000 health workers for Khanh Hoa province in Central Vietnam.
– International cooperation: The University has cooperated with many international projects such as the Netherlands, Washington University, Counter Part, World Health Organization … to gradually improve the teaching capacity. teaching, professional qualifications and management for the management team, the school’s teachers.
– Reward: The school has achieved some achievements as follows:
Being awarded the third rank Labor Medal by the President.
Prime Minister awarded the emulation flag in 2006.
Awarded by the Ministry of Health in 2005.
Awarded by the Ministry of Education and Training in 2000.
Khanh Hoa People’s Committee awarded 11 certificates of merit and 01 emulation flag.
The campus has consistently been awarded the title of “Organization of the Clean and Strong Party Organization”.
Orientations for development in the coming time:
– To continue investing in material facilities, developing the contingent of lecturers to increase the number of students to 2500-3000 by 2010.
– To add new training programs at the college level such as specialization physiotherapy, functional rehabilitation, anesthesia resuscitation, dental restorations, medical equipment repair and maintenance. public health, traditional medicine … to meet human resources for Khanh Hoa and other provinces in the region.
– Complete the construction of the new school, adding necessary items. To supplement and standardize the contingent of lecturers and managerial cadres to formulate a scheme on establishment of a medical and pharmaceutical university.
Over the past 40 years of operation, the University has continuously strengthened and strengthened, fulfilled its assigned tasks, contributed greatly to the training of human resources to well serve the protection and health care of the people of the province as well as the provinces in the central region and the whole country.